Open enrollment for the 2022 Calendar year is October 25 to November 22nd.  If you are not changing plans, you do not need to do anything to keep your current plan.  If you have a FSA or DCAP account, you must sign up each year.

Click here for detailed signup instructions or follow the steps below to enroll in SEBB

Check the Provider directory to make sure your doctor/dentist/vision provider is in-network before signing up for a plan.

Setting up your account

  1. Visit https://myaccount.hca.wa.gov  and click the green Login to SEBB My Account button under Employee/Subscriber. You’ll be directed to SecureAccess Washington (SAW). 

  2. Click Sign up to create a SAW account. (If you already have a SAW account, enter your username and password and skip to step 5.) Enter your name, email address, a username, and password. Remember to save your username and password in a safe place so you don’t forget it the next time you log in.

  3. Check the box to indicate you’re not a robot, click Submit, and follow the link to activate your account.

  4. Check your email for a message from SAW.  Click on the confirmation link, then close the Account Activated! browser window that opens, and return to your original window.  Follow the instructions on the screen to finish creating your account.

  5. Visit the SEBB My Account page at https://myaccount.hca.wa.gov  Enter your last name, date of birth, and last four digits of your Social Security number. Click Verify my information.

  6. Select your security questions and answers.  You’ll be directed to the SEBB My Account dashboard.

How to Enroll

Once you login to SEBB My Account, you can follow the step-by-step tool at the top of the page to guide you through the enrollment process. The four steps are: 

  1. Add your dependents. Enter your dependents’ information. If you are not adding dependents, you can skip to step 3.

  2. Verify your dependents. Your documents must be verified and approved before your dependents can enroll under your coverage. Upload documents from your computer or mobile device to verify your dependents’ eligibility. A list of documents is available here: https://www.hca.wa.gov/employee-retiree-benefits/school-employees/dependent-verification

    If you are unable to upload documents online, you can submit paper documents to the payroll office. HCA may audit dependent eligibility determinations. Please make sure to keep the documents you submitted. 

  3. Attest to the premium surcharges. Answer a series of on-screen questions to determine whether you’ll be charged the monthly $25-per-account tobacco use premium surcharge and, if applicable, the monthly $50 spouse or state-registered domestic partner coverage premium surcharge.

  4. Select your plans. You can follow a link to ALEX, the online benefits advisor, to learn more about which plans might be the best fit for you. When you’re ready, select your plans in SEBB My Account by checking the box next to the medical, dental, and vision plans you want for you and any dependents you want to enroll.

    If you have other employer-based medical coverage, TRICARE, or Medicare, you can waive SEBB medical coverage.  

What information do I need to enroll dependents?

For your spouse, state-registered domestic partner, or any children, you will need:

  • Name

  • Date of birth

  • Social Security number

  • Verification documents
    A list of acceptable documents is available in SEBB My Account, as well as at https://www.hca.wa.gov/employee-retiree-benefits/school-employees/dependent-verification and in your enrollment guide.
    If you don't provide verification documents by November 15th, you dependents will not be enrolled and you will not be able to enroll them until the next open enrollment unless you have a special open enrollment
    event that allows the change.